Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sounds Like Success, Doesn't It?

Why on earth would an aerobic, fast paced trainer like myself slow down, take time off of work and sit for over 16 hours in a personal growth workshop? Plus to top it off, commit to a minimum of 90 days of detailed homework assignments that quite frankly, leave me feeling vulnerable and yet so empowered...Hmmm...

From a very early age, I became interested in the success of others. How did they do it? What could I learn from them to create more stability in my life and to inspire others to do the same? Some of my favorite motivators include Jesus Christ, first and foremost and other extraordinary ordinary people like Dale Carnegie, Robert Schuller, Stephen Covey, Wayne Dyer, Coach Don Shula (Go Dolphins!), Anthony Robbins, Oprah Winfrey, Ronald Reagan to name just a few.

In 1989 while working at Sonesta Sanibel Harbour, I met another great motivator. This tall, fit and smiling (always smiling) man carried himself with great confidence. In fact I recall him once stating, "I intend to be the best known trainer in the industry" That's all I needed to hear, this was a person who knew exactly what he wanted and I wanted some of that energy too! This great motivator is our very own Fitness on the Move's owner, Troy DeMond! What a journey since then, Troy - thank you so much!

My first introduction to David Essel was in the early 90s at one of Sara Cooperman's first fitness conferences at Port of the Islands. When I heard that David was speaking on the topic of personal growth, I ditched the aerobic classes (sorry, Sara!) and showed up. Grapevines and jumping jacks are fun, but this information had substance, it was and is the foundation of true success. So I sat, I listened, I was inspired...

The decision to take David's Master Life Coaching Coarse was easy. I knew the timing was perfect. After recently losing a 15 year lucrative account, it was crystal clear that I needed to shake it up and take immediate action. Steve (my husband of 10 years) will tell you that he witnessed first hand the before and after - I'm so grateful that I married a patient and loving man! What I truly appreciated about David's class is that he coached me to do the work, even though it is painfully uncomfortable at times. He coached me to take action, something quite honestly I had not been doing consistently. Think about it, a great coach (trainer,instructor) has the plan but our clients/students must be willing to do the work - we can't do those push-ups for them! I once had an early morning client that would pay me to "go away". And who exactly did that serve?

In order for us to make changes, the type of changes that transform us, we must be willing to slow down and write down exactly and precisely how these wants and desires can become realities. David's Master Life Coaching coarse does just that. He has the proven tools to unlock one's greatest potential. In using those tools to improve my own destiny, I am better equipped to help others to do the same...Sounds Like Success, Doesn't It?

No comments: