Sunday, November 2, 2008

102 Years Young

Everyone should have a friend like Amiel! Amiel is one of my best good friends for over 15 years. While it's true that I am his Water Aerobic Teacher, he has really been the teacher all of these years!

I have learned from Amiel that putting others first is the only way to be, that being optimistic every single day makes the sun shine that much brighter.

Little things, yet big habits, like eating a healthy breakfast of oatmeal every day at 7:30 creates balance and enough energy to take his exercise classes every day - for yes, 102 years!

Being from Kansas City, Amiel went to high school with Walt Disney. In fact, Amiel once put in a good word to the principal about Walt's creative doodeling, we all know the rest of that story!

When I stop and think about the incredible people who have inspired me to be all that God created me to be, I give a special thank you to my dear friend, Amiel!

1 comment:

Erica Schivinski said...

WOW~Nancy, what an amazing story to share with the world! Amiel truly sounds like a hero in his own right-full of knowledge, wisdom and stories that just keep people coming back for more. You are so lucky someone that special has crossed your path and now you have the capacity to share history in order to help others grow and appreciate everything that lies before them! Thank you for that blog~ Erica